Housing Support Specialist
Title: Housing Support Specialist
Reports to: Housing Support Manager & Director of Housing Support
The Housing Support Team assists renters during their stay in temporary housing with lease extensions, furniture exchanges and any issues with the property manager or landlord. Housing Support Specialists are also responsible for managing all aspects of submitting the notice to vacate for a property and facilitate the client move out process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Function as the process leader for the Housing Support team.
- Coordinate adjuster communications with the appropriate HC (Housing Coordinator).
- Manage all aspects of resolution for issues and concerns.
- Requesting and scheduling switch-outs/add on products with outside vendors
- Updating client ledger for accurate invoicing
- Manage complete move out process which includes but not limited to:
- Managing extension request process
- Facilitate move out process
- Giving notice to landlords
- Communicate notification and move out process to insured
- Schedule furniture and/or house-wares pick up with outside vendors
- Correspondence and/or collection for remittance of security deposits to the appropriate party
- Research and resolve any issues regarding furniture damages
- Any other move out problem resolution
- BA or BS Degree in a related discipline
- Strong math skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, grammar, and phone skills
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a customer service role.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Temporary Accommodations is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Temporary Accommodations is an LGBT Certified Enterprise.