Skip to the content

Policyholders FAQs

Policyholders-FAQsSedgwick strives to provide displaced homeowners with all the answers you need. We’ve collected common questions and provided answers to the best of our ability. If you have further questions, please contact us. Our team is available 24/7/365 to provide exemplary relocation services and assist you during your insurance claim.

What type of housing will Sedgwick provide me with?
Your ALE or Additional Living Expense coverage provides you with a means to maintain your normal standard of living, so your hotel and/or temporary housing will be as similar as possible to your current home. In addition to hotel accommodations, Sedgwick provides single-family homes, apartments, condominiums, townhomes, and travel trailers/mobile homes, nationwide.

Why does my insurance company use your service?
Your insurer works with Sedgwick to help ensure that your transition into a hotel and/or temporary housing goes as smoothly and stress-free as possible. Your insurer knows that they can depend upon our decades of experience and expertise in the temporary housing industry. With our 98% policyholder satisfaction rating they know we will provide you with the superior service you deserve, and get the best pricing possible.

What kind of temporary housing solutions can Sedgwick offer?
Sedgwick sources apartments, condos, and single-family homes directly from landlords to cut out any middlemen. When necessary, Sedgwick can also provide adjusters with the option to include vacation homes and corporate rentals in your housing options. We focus on meeting the needs of policyholders, whether they have pets, mobility issues, or any other special housing requirements.

Can I bring my family pet?
Yes, your furry family members are also welcome. We have many pet-friendly options though some breeds are more challenging to place, e.g., Rottweiler, Chow, Pit-bull.

How long does it take for Sedgwick to find my temporary housing?
Typically within 24 hours or less after our initial call with you.

Who will turn on and off my temporary utilities?
If utilities are required, typically you will connect and disconnect your temporary utilities, unless your insurance adjuster asks Sedgwick to assist.

What are my options for furnishings?
If you require furnishings, Sedgwick is able to provide everything from furniture to linens. We have several furniture and housewares packages to suit your budget and personal situation.

Am I able to get additional items such as a television in the master bedroom?
Yes, as long as your insurance company approves the request.

Who is responsible for damages to a hotel or property after my stay?
You as the policyholder and the person signing the lease are responsible for any damages that occur upon your check out or move out. Sedgwick recommends that you take photos of the hotel room and/or property before and after your stay.