Customer Service Specialist
This position will answer and field inbound calls on the primary line for Temporary Accommodations for the majority of the shift and will be trained to handle calls for client hotel stays, long term rentals, and general billing questions. Additionally, this position will be responsible for administrative tasks including but not limited to processing hotel extensions, client reach out, and data cleanup. The hours for this full-time position are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 11a – 10p.
Summary of essential job functions
- Answer inbound calls from insureds/policyholders, adjusters, hotels, and property managers in a professional, friendly and compassionate manner
- Learn the functions of each department and be able to handle issues and answer questions
- Enter new housing claims into the system accurately and succinctly
- Monitor inbound email for claim questions, approvals, and new housing claims
- Contact insureds via text and email to see if additional time in the hotel is needed
- Assist with updating the hotel database and maintaining accuracy and uniformity
- Extend hotel stays for clients currently in-house
- Confirm accurate data across TA systems
- Excellent and professional phone voice
- Strong communication, grammar, and phone skills.
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong data entry skills, attention to detail, and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in customer service preferably in the hospitality industry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.